Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

March Favorite Things



No. 1:  Lucky Brand Emmie 2 Flats (in "brown")
Well, just in time for spring/summer (aka the most oppressive months of the year) because, well, I do not wear flip flops.  Each year I buy a new pair of black flats and each year I wear them out.  My pair from last year has holes in the heels.  This year I decided to go with these instead of standard plain black.  There are a lot of colors and I love the pattern.  In this style, there are actually about 12 different colors/patterns to choose from at Zappos.com, which is where I ordered these.  I liked a lot of the other options too.  The thing I like most about these is the cushioned sole.  They are comfortable and mine fit to size.  Some reviews on the site said they ran small.  But I usually wear a 7.5 and that's what I ordered and they fit perectly.  I also like that they have elastic around the top so they stay on my feet.  The pair I had last year would slide off my heels a little.

No. 2:  Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies
I'm not even mad about that little Thin Mint person thing.  Ok, I am a little.  What is she doing with her hand???  And why the soccer ball?  Not all people have to be into sports.  She could hold a book or magnifying glass or paint palette something.  I get that she's supposed to look like a girl scout with that sash, but why does it have a "1" ribbon on it?  So many unanswered questions!

I look forwad to these every year and my mom and dad usually give these to us as Valentine's Day gifts.  Yep, my parents still do Valentines for us.  Jealous much?  I got four boxes this year and they were gone in about that many days.  My friend Abby did help me though.  Thank you, Abby. 

Mark and I went to Wal-Mart one night and both of us notoriously never carry cash so when the table of littles in green at the door asked us to buy some I said, "Maybe on the way out." thinking I could get some cash while I was checking out.  But then we decided we probably didn't need to buy anymore.  They have so many calories!  On our way out we were both looking for them and thinking they were gone only to have them ambush us yelling, "YOU SAID YOU WOULD BUY SOME COOKIES!"  We almost ran from them.  Those girls are crazy and should not be underestimated.  Also, they do not forget - anything or anyone.  Now, we give them a definite "No" when they badger ask us on our way in to stores.  That way there's no confusion there.

No. 3:  She & Him: "Never Wanted Your Love"
I've mentioned this group a couple of times before.  I love their music.  Probably partly because I'm a big fan of Zooey Deschanel.  This is the one and only single resleased so far from Volume 3.  Yay!  The music is upbeat and perky, despite the kind of downer title.  The whole album will be released May 7 (May 13 for UK/Europe) but this single is available on iTunes, Amazon, etc or follow the link above and listen to it on their site.  You can pre-order Volume 3 by visiting their site HERE, Amazon HERE or on iTunes HERE. Cannot wait to have a listen to the whole thing!

No. 4:  Aquanet Hairspray
I know this stuff has been around since the 1950s but it's by far my favorite - especially here in Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains.  It provides awesome hold and when the wind does dent your do, it goes right back in to place.  I use the unscented kind because I can't stand the floral or sour grape or whatever the scent says it's supposed to be.  No thanks.  I also wear unscented deodorant.  The only "fragrance" I like to wear is my perfume.

No. 5:  Banana Joe
Banana Joe is Jovie's crush.  They are both Affenpinschers.  Banana Joe recently took the Best in Show honors at  the Westminister Kennel Club Dog Show.  So as far as dogs go, he's the rock star on posters in Jovie's bedroom.  Jovie and I watched him win and he has so many of the same mannerisms she does.  Such happy little gremlin dogs.  

No. 6:  Celestial Seasonings Antioxidant Green Tea with White Tea for a Smooth Taste
I like this one for several reasons.  I like green tea.  The white tea really does give it a smoother taste.  It's not at all bitter like some green tea can be.  It has an elephant on the box.  I also drink the "Sleepytime" version at night.  There's tons of research about hot green tea is really healthy for you and full of good stuff but mostly I just like the way it tastes and since I'm no longer drinking soda pop or regular sweet tea, it's a great alternative.

What are your favorite things at the moment???

No comments:

Post a Comment