Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

So Long, 2012

I does not seem like it was one year ago I was writing new year's resolutions for 2012.  It seems like a much shorter time than that.  But as you get older, the years seem shorter because of the ratio of a year compared to the number of them you have lived.  Neat, huh?  Let's see how I did (and to see the original post from one year ago, click HERE):




Mission accomplished.  This one came naturally and is one I will continue.  Creativity is to me what sports are to athletes.  It's what I enjoy most and my great passion.  And come to find out, I don't really like sports.


This one was also ok.  There's still room for improvement but isn't there always?!


Slight hiccup here....I missed the grad school deadline to apply.  Though I may have failed this one, I know it worked out the way it was supposed to.  I was only at OU half the year and would not have been there when the master's program began in the fall.  I do not know if I want to pursue a master's at this time.  Maybe later on.  I'm going to wait and see how a few things pan out before I decide for sure.


Yes, I did!  Firstly, I make it a goal to continue life-long learning in the design world.  It's an ever-changing field and if you don't continue to learn, you become obsolete.  Also, I completed the concealed carry class with Mark and my brother.


Another yes.  And I have to say I really enjoyed the chair in my living room actually being a chair.


I did design a blog revamp with a totally new address.  I'm just not sure I want to part with Violet and Grey just yet.  We've been through so much together.  Not that I can't take everything to the new site...I'm just happy here for now.  Call it loyalty or detachment issues, but I'll know when the time is right to change, if ever.  

Now, as for 2013:

I'm not going to make a list.  The list was good for 2012.  I kept it tucked away in the hidden part of my mind and thought of it often.  This list kept me focused and that is what I needed in 2012.  Not that I won't be focused without a list, I just also don't want a list hanging over my head for the year. 

I do, however, vow to make good choices, give my best to the people I love and live my happy little life.  Because when you stop and look around, life is pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment