Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

For If/When You're Having a Bad Day

Candace circa 1996

Whew!  Where to begin?!?  This is the one of only two existing photos from my sixth grade year...because I destroyed all the others.

There is no product on my naturally curly hair, I have a face full of acne and I'm squinting because this is right before I picked out some rockin' giant round tiger print glasses frames.  You can't see my teeth too clearly but I can tell you.......jank!  My arms practically hang down to my knees.  And even though I'd skip that jean skirt and pink shirt, if I had it, I'd still wear that sweet vest my mom made me.  This photo was taken at church.  I think I look happy because people there loved me...because they had to according to Jesus.

If this photo had a name, it would be "Character Building" because, well, kids are cruel and you don't look like that and get away with it!  Of course, if I hadn't looked like that then I wouldn't have near the personality (or the thick skin) I do now and then where would we be?  Plus that look was totally low maintenance.  It's amazing how much time you have when you don't worry with fixing your hair, putting on makeup or plucking your eyebrows.

So if/when you are having a bad day, just look at this photo and know...it could always be worse.

Hahahappy Wednesday!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment