Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Easter/Baby Shower Food Tag Tutorial

A dear coworker and her husband have decided to adopt a baby so we are throwing a baby shower for them on Friday.  By the way, they are in the same adoption program as my sweet friend, Lindsay, over at Robertson Reflections.

My coworker friend was looking at some beautiful bedding at Land of Nod in a tree theme.  It's mostly in light blues and greens.  Since they are adopting, they are not certain what sex the baby will be at this time.  We thought a bird/nest theme might go nicely with what she has picked out.  Not that those things have to match, we just thought it would be nice.  Colors for the shower are pastel pink, blue, green and yellow.

These food tags are super easy to make and easy to customize for your color scheme.  They are perfect for Easter, which is coming up, or a baby shower any time!

To make these, you will need:

  • paper mache eggs (34 cents each at Hobby Lobby)
  • unfinished wood napkin ring holders (set of eight for $2.99 at Hobby Lobby)
  • paint (in the colors of your choice)
  • marker (I used a sharpie I had around the house)


Paper mache eggs - I needed eight for our menu.

Unfinished wood napkin ring holders.

Perfect fit!

Paint the eggs and holders.  The yellow here is horrible.  I had to tone it down quite a bit to get a pastel.  Each egg got two coats of paint...except the yellow.  It got about four.  The holders only required one coat.

Write your menu items on each egg with your marker.  You could also use paint if you're good with a tiny brush.  I mixed up the color combos of the eggs and holders.  And yes, I know, my handwriting leaves much to be desired.   But note the much better yellow!

And just for fun, here is another decoration I finished a little bit ago for the shower.

Hope you enjoyed.  Stay tuned for more baby shower decor coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment