Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Inspiration: Elizabethtown

"What is that word...? Whimsical!" (Whimsical!  Of course I love this movie!)

Valentine's Day is quite possibly my very favorite holiday.  I've always loved the day selected to celebrate love.  This year is no different.  So looking forward to it.

In honor of Valentine's Day, I plan to post some "Inspiration" blogs featuring some of my favorite love-themed movies and color palettes to boot.

Ahhh, Elizabethtown.  Two great actors-and an Alec Baldwin cameo.  Synopsis:  During an outrageous memorial for a Southern patriarch, an unexpected romance blooms between a young woman and man.  I love that it starts with an epic failure and goes from there.  I also love that Drew, the main character played by Orlando Bloom, is a "creative."  

In the past I never liked purple and red together, but the color combo has grown on me recently.  If you're tired of the traditional pink and red for V Day, maybe sub in some purple for a trendy and hip update on a classic pairing.

"I'm impossible to forget, but I'm hard to remember."  

No comments:

Post a Comment