Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas 2011 Gift Wrap

I realize I'm at least two weeks behind on this but wanted to post photos from my Christmas gift wrapping session.  If you're an avid reader of the blog, you know I wanted to go with a gnome theme.  That didn't happen.  Sadly, there is serious lack of gnome wrapping paper and accessories our there.  Also I mostly ran out of time.  Soooooooooo, my mom and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby (aka the mecca) (aka my mother ship) and chose a different theme and color scheme. 

Matte black with black gloss embellishments, black and white harlequin, matte silver and red foil with gloss embellishments and white with big, bold, red typography.  Many of you are probably thinking, "Black?  Why would you wrap Christmas gifts in black?"  To answer, primarily because I love black for any and all occasions.  I'd wear black every day.....ummm, ok, I do for the most part.  The gift wrap was dark and chic and classy and fit my holiday season mood this year.  And it's something I hadn't used before.  White and red tulle, white and red crochet thread (I think that's what it's called but could be wrong.  It's the fuzzy-looking stuff), curling ribbon and ribbon tape completed the look.  I loved the finished product.  As with other things, a good mix of the colors and textures repeating made for a nice effect.

So here they are.  Feel free to guess what's inside!









1 comment: