Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Meet Jovie!



Jovie is an Affenpinscher and the most recent addition to my family.  So now, it's me...and her. :)

Affen translates to "monkey" in German.  They are known as little "monkey dogs" because of their little monkey-like appearance except in Europe where they're known as "little devils with a mustache."  Ha!  Jovie is the opposite of a little devil.  She brings so much joy to my life and is a constant source of entertainment and comfort.

Her name, Jovie, comes from the movie Elf.  It's one of my favorites.  "Jovie" in the movie is the girl elf played by Zooey Deschanel, my very favorite actress.  The true meaning of the name Jovie is joyful or naturally jovial.  Thanks to Amy for helping me choose just the right name!!  It fits her perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment