Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Dad!

My dad and me at my first birthday party.
My dad is not only my dad, he's also my financial advisor, job consultant and greatest supporter.  We share a love of Chinese food, macaroons and Ice Road Truckers.  He tolerates 30 Rock when my mom and I watch it.  He's also read the Hunger Games!

I have had the happiest life.  Growing up, I thought everyone had a life and a family like mine: a dad and a mom who love each other, and a sister and brother I was close to.  No fighting, drinking, smoking drugs or drama.  Just five people who are happy and love each other.

It really wasn't until I began college that I realized not everyone was like us.  In fact, very few people had a life like mine.  My dad played a pivotal role in that family life.  He and my mom cared for us kids and always provided everything we needed.  They work hard for us, were always there for us and made us their world.  They never missed a cheerleading event, basketball game or school program.  I'm am thankful every day for my dad, the life he gave me and the support he continues to provide.  Happy Father's Day, Dad!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment