Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Splash of Color!

So the first day of Spring was March 20th and yesterday was beautiful!  So beautiful, in fact, that I made a trip to the flower shop after work and picked up some color!  Here are my choices:


Usually I'd research which plants can grow together, what plants grow best in which climate, when you should plant, etc etc etc.  But on this day I was surrounded by so much brilliant color; it was such a welcome, refreshing feeling compared to being overwhelmed with work and stress that I just chose whatever made me happy.  


I did stay within the sun/shade realm of plants that were appropriate for where I was putting them and I also got the right potting mix and made sure they are all of somewhat "hearty" variety but other than that, I just let myself enjoy the beautiful day and the extraordinary surroundings.  I'm quite pleased with how they turned out--even if they aren't supposed to grow together.





I am quickly approaching three years in my house.  And though I've been here three years, I'm still discovering things about this place.  Like this piece of quartz (I think) that was placed among the rocks when the house was constructed.  It's like this place was built especially for me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment